How To | Clean and disinfect a TouchMix LCD screen.
Learn the recommended steps to clean and disinfect your TouchMix LCD screen, ensuring that it remains in top condition.
If you are not finding the results you need and still have questions, submit a request using the form below and our Tech Docs team will get right on it. Our goal is to provide the content you need!
Your engagement helps us create the content you need. Click here to review this article.
Table of Contents
With recent global events, it is important to clean and disinfect the TouchMix LCD screen after use to make sure any unseen contaminants are removed.
QSC has identified that using a 70% isopropyl alcohol medical wipe provides the best balance of disinfecting without leaving a visible residue on the LCD screen. Using wipes over a spray helps ensure that there is no overspray and also helps minimize over-saturation on the mixer. The alcohol evaporates without leaving a residue, unlike chemical-based cleaners. QSC does recommend wiping off all excess moisture to help prevent any issues.
- 70% isopropyl alcohol medical wipe (one wipe per mixer)
- Rubber gloves
- Microfiber cloth
- Never clean a product while it is powered on or plugged in.
- Never spray any liquids directly onto the mixer.
- Never use any thinner, benzene, wax, or abrasive cleaner, which may damage the product.
- Do not let chemicals come into direct contact with the products.
- Do not press on the LCD screen or the bezel edge of the LCD screen, as this may result in display malfunctions.
- Do not attempt to brush as this may scratch the LCD Screen.
Cleaning and Disinfecting Procedure
- Wear disposable gloves.
- Turn off the device and disconnect AC power.
- Use a prepackaged 70% isopropyl alcohol wipe to wipe down the LCD screen and hi-touch surfaces.
- Wipe off any dirt on the display surface with the medical wipe.
- Use only a soft microfiber cloth to wipe off any excess moisture. Using material other than a microfiber cloth could cause damage to your product.
- Ensure surfaces have completely dried before turning the device on after cleaning. No moisture should be visible on the surfaces of the product before it is powered on.
- Discard the disposable gloves after each cleaning. Wash your hands immediately after you remove the gloves.
Now the TouchMix is ready for the next gig!