Troubleshooting | My TouchMix-30 Pro shows ‘Unknown Device’ in the Device List under Remote Control Settings
Learn how to identify and resolve an 'Unknown Device' issue in the Device List under Remote Control Settings of a TouchMix-30 Pro.
Your engagement helps us create the content you need. Click here to review this article.
Table of Contents
Control App: 3.0.22
TouchMix-30 Pro shows ‘Unknown Device’ in the Device List under Remote Control Settings.
This is often an indication that you connected to the TouchMix Control Network before naming your device in the app. Complete the procedure below.
- Recommended TouchMix-30 Pro Firmware: 3.0.12462
- Recommended iPad Device Software: iOS 17.1 or later
- Please make sure that your iPad or iPhone is updated to iOS 17.1 or later for optimal operation.
- Prepare your wireless control network (QSC dongle, or external router) for connection with the TouchMix-30 Pro mixer.
- On your TouchMix-30 Pro mixer, navigate to the Device List in the Remote Control menu via the following button presses: Menu > Remote Control.
- If you have previously connected your iPad or iPhone to the TouchMix-30 Pro, you will need to delete these devices from the device list. You can do this by selecting your device in the list, pressing the ‘Remove Device’ button, and pressing ‘Yes’ to confirm the action.
- On your iPad or iPhone, delete the old version of the TouchMix-30 Pro App (3.0.19). You can do this by finding the app on your device screen, pressing and holding the app icon for 2 seconds, pressing ‘Remove App’, pressing ‘Delete App’, and again pressing ‘Delete’.
If you press and hold the app icon for longer than 2 seconds, the app icons will begin to shake. In this case, you will want to press the ‘minus’ button next to the Touchmix-30 Pro App icon, press ‘Delete App’, and again press ‘Delete’.
- Navigate to the App Store and download the latest version of the Touchmix-30 Pro Control App (Version 3.0.22).
- Open the Touchmix-30 Pro Control App on your iPad or iPhone. On the first pop-up, Select ‘Allow’ to allow local network communication. On the second pop-up, enter a name for the device, and press ‘Ok’, twice.
Certain file names are reserved, so please do not utilize device names starting with AUX, CON, COM, LPT, NUL, or PRN. Additionally, avoid the use of any special characters.
- Navigate to the App Settings and connect to the Wi-Fi network that controls your Touchmix-30 Pro.
Make sure that if you use the ‘Auto-Join’ setting for wireless networks, your TouchMix control network is the only Wi-Fi network set to ‘Auto-Join’.
- Navigate back to the Touchmix-30 Pro Control App. If there is a pop-up that states, “You are connected”, press ‘Ok’. If there is no pop-up, please exit the Touchmix-30 Pro Control App, check your wireless network connection, and re-open the Touchmix-30 Pro Control App.
- On your Touchmix-30 Pro, Navigate to the Device List in the Remote Control menu via the following button presses: Menu > Remote Control.
- Select your device name from the list on the left, grant appropriate access control via the sliders on the right, and press the green ‘Save’ button at the bottom of the screen.
- Navigate to the home screen on your Touchmix-30 Pro and verify that when faders are moved on the iPad or iPhone, they also move on the Touchmix-30 Pro mixer.
If the faders do not move, make sure that you have selected the correct fader bank on your iPad or iPhone. For example, if you only granted access control to Aux 1, you would need to navigate to Aux 1 on your control device and on the TouchMix interface to see the appropriate faders move.