How To | Replace KS118 Low Frequency Transducer
Learn how to replace a KS118 low frequency transducer and get the powerful sound you need.
If you are not finding the results you need and still have questions, submit a request using the form below and our Tech Docs team will get right on it. Our goal is to provide the content you need!
Your engagement helps us create the content you need. Click here to review this article.
Table of Contents
If determined necessary, use this document as a guide for replacing the Low Frequency (LF) Transducer on the KS118.
- Manual Screwdriver or Electric Screwdriver with Philips bit
- Putty knife
- QSC Part Number XD-000110-01 = Woofer, 18” Speaker
- Gasket, 3/4” x 1/8” Closed Cell Foam, Adhesive Tape (Not supplied by QSC)
- Remove 16 wood screws (QSC Part Number SC-000070-00) that secure the grille assembly to the subwoofer enclosure.
- Remove grille assembly from the enclosure
LF Transducer Removal
- Remove 8 machine screws (QSC Part Number SC-000325-00) that secure the LF transducer to the subwoofer enclosure. See LF Transducer.
- Carefully lift the transducer out of the enclosure. Gently pry on any edge/bottom frame of the LF transducer by using a putty or butter knife.
- Mark the orientation of the transducer’s terminals in the enclosure. See LF Transducer terminal location (view from front side) .
- Disconnect the FASTON connectors from the + and - terminals on the transducer. The tab must be pressed in to release the connectors. See FASTON connectors.
LF Transducer Installation
- Install the gasket around the bottom perimeter of the LF transducer frame.
- Install the transducer into the enclosure and align the holes in the enclosure and transducer basket.
- Connect the green (+) and green/black (-) wires from the wiring harness to the front transducer’s terminals. See Wire and color connections.
Wire and color connections
- Verify the correct orientation of the transducer in the enclosure. See LF Transducer terminal location (view from front side).
LF Transducer terminal location (view from front side)
- Fasten 8 machine screws (QSC Part Number SC-000325-00) in a crisscross pattern to secure the LF transducer to the enclosure. Torque to 46 KGF-CM (40 IN-LBS). See Crisscross tightening pattern.
Crisscross tightening pattern